This treatment is intended to combine the most recent advances in substance use disorder treatment, including motivational enhancement, cognitive behavioral theories and strategies for self-improvement and change. The residential treatment portion of the STIRRT program offers 112 hours of intensive treatment over the course of 14 days. Continuing care services are offered following residential and spans approximately eight months post discharge.
STIRRT treats substance use and co‑occurring mental health disorders with a criminal conduct focus. Gender specific services address perpetrator/victim cycle, thinking errors, conflict management, refusal skills, anger management, family issues, communication skills, assertiveness training, coping skills, relapse prevention, job skills, relaxation meditation, spirituality, and development of support system.
• All clients are referred by probation, parole, drug court, community corrections, or Treatment Accountability for Safer Communities (TASC);
• Must have substance abuse/dependency and/or co-occurring mental health disorders;
• One or more misdemeanor or felony convictions, and must be at risk of being incarcerated in a Department of Corrections or county jail to be accepted into the program.
• Men or women whose criminal record consists of misdemeanor or felony convictions;
• Men or women who are unable to maintain abstinence from alcohol and drugs while in outpatient treatment;
• Men or women who are at risk of having probation or parole revoked and of being incarcerated;
• Men or women who are assessed as needing intensive levels of treatment; and
• Men or women completing the STIRRT program who are in need of intensive outpatient services.
Expected Length of Stay
14 days. After completing STIRRT, Arapahoe House recommends that clients transition to STIRRT Continuing Care outpatient program.
Hours of Operation
STIRRT Residential program operates 24 hours per day throughout the year.
STIRRT Continuing Care: Monday through Saturday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Commerce City (men) and Littleton, CO (women)
For referral or admission to any of our programs, please contact the Information and Access Team 303.412.3818 or email@example.com. Phone lines are open Monday through Saturday 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.