New Directions for Families provides intensive residential treatment for women with children. In addition to substance use disorder treatment, women learn parenting skills, budgeting, and family health skills. They are also connected with other resources in the community aimed at achieving long term self‑sufficiency. On-site transitional residential treatment is available for women graduating from New Directions for Families.
- Intensive individual and group therapy for substance use, mental health and trauma; family therapy and relapse prevention
- Parenting skills development, family bonding and parental attachment activities
- Linkage to primary healthcare and health education
- Case management
- New Directions for Families also provides a Qualistar-rated, early childhood education learning center for children ages 6 weeks -5 years and referrals to local schools and after school programs
- Mothers must have serious substance use and mental health problems and agree to participate in the entire program
- Women must be pregnant, have custody, or be seeking to regain custody of children aged birth to 12.
Women Most Able to Benefit from this Program
- Women who are unable to parent their children due to severe substance use;
- Women who have custody or a desire to regain custody of their children;
- Women who lack stable, drug-free housing for themselves and their children;
- Women who are unlikely to succeed in outpatient treatment due to an unsupportive home environment including violence, and drug use;
- Women who lack education and skills as a means of getting and maintaining employment;
- Women who have been victims of trauma such as verbal, physical, sexual or emotional abuse, domestic violence, homelessness, abuse during childhood, grief or loss.
Length of time in program
Up to four months
Hours of Operation
24 hours per day throughout the year.
For referral or admission to any of our programs, please contact the information and access team 303.657.3700 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone lines are open Monday through Saturday 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.