This three week program (with a minimum of 35 therapy hours per week) is intended to combine the most recent advances in substance use disorder treatment, including motivational enhancement, cognitive behavioral theories and strategies for self-improvement and change. Continuing care services (outpatient) are offered following residential and span about eight months.
• All patients are referred by probation, parole, drug court, community corrections, or Treatment Accountability for Safer Communities (TASC);
• Must have severe substance abuse and/or co-occurring mental health disorders;
• One or more misdemeanor or felony convictions, and must be at risk of being incarcerated in a Department of Corrections or county jail to be accepted into the program.
• Men or women whose criminal record consists of misdemeanor or felony convictions;
• Men or women who are unable to maintain sobriety from alcohol and drugs while in outpatient treatment;
• Men or women who are at risk of having probation or parole revoked and of being incarcerated;
• Men or women who are assessed as needing intensive levels of treatment; and
• Men or women completing the STIRRT program who are in need of intensive outpatient services.
Expected length of time in program
14 days. After completing STIRRT, Arapahoe House recommends that patients transition to STIRRT Continuing Care outpatient program.
Hours of Operation
STIRRT Residential program operates 24 hours per day throughout the year.
STIRRT Continuing Care: Monday through Saturday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Commerce City (men) and Littleton, CO (women)
For referral or admission to any of our programs, please contact patient access: 303.657.3700 or email@example.com. Phone lines are open Monday through Saturday 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.