Arapahoe House offers a range of outpatient services (including intensive outpatient treatment) for teens and their families who have addiction and/or mental health problems. Outpatient and intensive outpatient services are offered for teens ages 12 – 18 moving down from a more intensive level of treatment (residential/inpatient) or for teens who are not able to continue to stay away from drugs and/or alcohol.
Outpatient and intensive outpatient services allow the client to get treatment and continue to live at home and attend school or work near Denver.
Arapahoe House also offers an entire range of full family focused, complete treatment. Individual and family sessions support the goal of living in recovery from drugs and alcohol. Families are encouraged to attend all of the family therapy sessions as it increases the adolescentʼs success. Family/support system involvement changes depending on the situation and the needs of the client.
Treatment Services Include:
- Individual, group and family therapy.
- Case management.
- Urine analysis and breathalyzer monitoring.
This Program Focuses on:
- What drugs and alcohol do to the brain and to health.
- Legal and social impacts.
- Skill development, looking at triggers and high risk situations to avoid relapse.
- Increasing daily living skills including managing anger, disappointment and success.
- Coming up with a relapse prevention plan to address continued sobriety from addiction with available supports.
Expected Time in the Program: Decided on a case‑by‑case basis. Typical outpatient therapy sessions are about two hours and are held from one to three times per week. Services may be provided for one month to one year. Intensive outpatient therapy sessions are three days per week, three hours each group session.
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday, 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Aurora and Thornton
For referral or admission to any of our programs, please contact the information and access team 303.657.3700 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone lines are open Monday through Saturday 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.