Arapahoe House offers an array of outpatient services (including intensive outpatient treatment) for adolescents and their families who have addiction and/or mental health disorders. Outpatient and intensive outpatient services are offered for adolescents ages 12 – 18 stepping down from a more intensive level of treatment (residential/inpatient) or for teens who are unable to maintain ongoing abstinence from drugs and/or alcohol. Outpatient and intensive outpatient services allow the client to receive treatment and continue to live at home and attend school or work near Denver.
Arapahoe House also offers a full range of entire family focused, comprehensive treatment. Individual and family sessions support the goal of living in recovery from drugs and alcohol. Families are encouraged to attend all of the family therapy sessions as it increases the adolescentʼs success. Family/support system involvement varies depending on the situation and the needs of the client.
Treatment Services include:
- Individual, group and family therapy.
- Case management.
- Urine analysis and breathalyzer monitoring.
Duration of Treatment: Determined on a case‑by‑case basis. Average outpatient therapy sessions are approximately two hours and are held from one to three times per week. Services may be provided for one month to one year. Intensive outpatient therapy sessions are three hours in length, three times per week.
Adolescent residential and outpatient treatment at Arapahoe House focuses on:
- The effects of drugs and alcohol on the brain and health.
- Legal and social consequences.
- Skill development, identifying triggers and high‑risksituations to avoid relapse.
- Increasing daily living skills including managing anger, disappointment and success.
- Establishing a relapse prevention plan to address continued sobriety from addiction with relevant supports.
Hours of Operation
Adolescent outpatient operates flexible hours Monday through Friday, 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Aurora and Thornton
For referral or admission to any of our programs, please contact the Information and Access Team 303.412.3818 or [email protected]. Phone lines are open Monday through Saturday 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.