Adult day treatment is an intensive program for individuals at our Healing First location in Thornton, CO. Treatment plans are tailored to the specific needs of the client, but can include up to full days of mental health and substance use illness treatment. Services are similar to residential treatment, but clients do not stay overnight in the facility.
Clients receive education on: drugs, alcohol, the recovery process, psychiatric diagnosis, psychotropic medications, as well as the importance of compliance with these medications. Additionally, clients participate in groups designed to help manage anger and other feelings without use of substances. Planning for transfer to outpatient treatment begins at the initial contact with the agency. Families are encouraged to participate in education and group therapy.
• The individual must be age 18 or older;
• The individual must have a substance abuse problem;
• The individual must be free of psychiatric symptoms that place them at high risk to harm themselves or others.
People Most Able to Benefit From This Program
• Individuals who are unable to maintain abstinence between outpatient sessions;
• Individuals who have untreated psychiatric illnesses with substance abuse or dependence but who do not require 24-hour medical care;
• Individuals who are unlikely to benefit from outpatient treatment due to their environment, including violence, drug use, and no support for recovery; and
• Pregnant women who are at high risk to relapse.
Expected Length of Stay
This program offers individualized services and flexible lengths of stay ranging from one to four weeks.
Hours of Operation
Monday through Saturday 8:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M.
For referral or admission to any of our programs, please contact the Information and Access Team 303.657.3700 or [email protected]. Phone lines are open Monday through Saturday 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.