Signs of Cocaine Intoxication:
• Physical Changes – enlarged pupils, dry mouth and nose, increased heart rate and blood pressure, sweating, elevated temperature, tremors.
• Mood and Behavior Changes – euphoria, agitation, confusion, hyperactivity (excessive movement and energy).
• Medical Risks – seizures, cardiac arrhythmia (irregular heart beat), heart attack, stroke, sudden death.
Cocaine dependence is characterized by:
• Immediate craving soon after use, frequently leading to binge-use.
• “Crashing” or “coming down” after use (exhaustion, unpleasant/sad mood, discomfort).
• Chronic nasal/sinus problems or nose bleeds, little interest in food or sleep, ulcers, impaired sexual function.
• Mood changes including mania or psychosis (aggression, paranoia, hallucinations).
Could you or someone you know have a problem with drugs or alcohol? Call 303.657.3700 or e-mail [email protected] for help. Phone lines are open Monday – Saturday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.