The StepWise adolescent residential program is licensed as a Therapeutic Residential Child Care Facility (TRCCF) and Residential Child Care Facility (RCCF). The program is designed to afford a sheltered, but structured, treatment environment to adolescents with mental health and substance abuse problems. Treatment is tailored to the individual needs of each young person.
The program can serve 20 youth, both male and female. An accredited on-site school is provided for clients who have not received a high school diploma or are working towards their GED. Job skills training services are available to age appropriate clients.
Individual, group and family therapy, recreational activities.
• Ages 12-18;
• Unable to control substance abuse/maintain abstinence in outpatient setting; and
• Serious behavioral, social, or educational problems caused by substance abuse or mental health issues.
Youth Most Able to Benefit from This Program
• Youth who require 24 hour care due to their co-occurring mental health and trauma concerns and use of alcohol and/or drugs;
• Youth who need increased life kills to transition back to home or emancipation;
• Youth who are experiencing difficulty in school or who have legal or social service involvement as a result of substance use and/or mental health issues;
• Youth who are unlikely to benefit from outpatient treatment due to their environment, including abuse, drug use, and no support for recovery.
Expected Length of Stay
Program offers a flexible length of stay ranging from 30 to 90 days.
Hours of Operation
24 hours per day throughout the year.
For referral or admission to any of our programs, please contact the Information and Access Team 303.657.3700 or [email protected]. Phone lines are open Monday through Saturday 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.