In response to the diverse and growing Latino population in metro Denver, Colorado, Arapahoe House increased its efforts and programs to better serve the Latino community by implementing a structured Cultural Services program. The program has been designed to expand and enhance the outpatient and residential services previously offered by Arapahoe House with a primary focus on providing linguistic and culturally appropriate treatment services to the Latino population.
Services are adapted to meet the needs of the individual client. Services include assessment and referral, individual, group, and family therapy, case management, specialized offender services and education, abstinence monitoring, DUI Level II education and therapy, and housing services.
Criteria for Admission
• Individual must have a substance disorder;
• Individual must be free of withdrawal symptoms or medical problems that require 24-hour medical monitoring or detoxification; and
• Individuals who are monolingual Spanish speaking only or bi-lingual and prefer a Spanish speaking, culturally appropriate groups.
People Most Able to Benefit from this Program
• Individuals who are monolingual/bilingual Spanish speaking;
• Individuals who are unable to maintain ongoing abstinence;
• Individuals who need to develop new skills or need more structure than is provided through traditional social support; and
• People stepping down from more intensive treatment (e.g., residential treatment).
Expected Length of Stay
Length of stay is determined by the needs of the client, varying from two to forty sessions.
Hours of Operation
Services are available Monday through Saturday, days and evenings.
Services are available in Denver, Aurora, Commerce City and Lakewood
For referral or admission to any of our programs, please contact the Information and Access Team 303.657.3700 or [email protected]. Phone lines are open Monday through Saturday 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.